Our client, a destination specialist for Southern Africa, is currently looking for a solid Team Leader, who’s going to take care of all leisure groups, at their office in Cape Town.
In this role you would successfully support the management of the leisure groups team, lead the team to operationalize agent requests seamlessly and continuously improve service standards.
If you have experience in team leadership, you worked already in the South African travel industry, and you love to work in a positive and dynamic working environment – then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Salary: Market related salary
- Experience in team leadership
- Product knowledge and travel industry experience
- Knowledge about South Africa
- Passion for travelling
- Ability to present, persuade and communicate effectively
- Strong organization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Affinity for Teamwork
- Creative and efficient in time management
- Demonstrable ability to handle crises related to clients
- Prepare guide documentation and brief guide before travel date
- Work closely with tour guides whilst on tour
- Handling the 24hour emergency phone
- Pass on Tour plan knowledge to the team via training/coaching sessions
- Ensure the team is up to date with regards to new product, product development, news and changes relevant to the groups team
- Participate in supplier training and workshops
- Reconcile tour guide expense sheets on completion of tours
- Check guide salary invoices
- Develop in cooperation with AM business and product strategy to secure additional business from agents
- Build up and maintain agent/supplier relationships with AM business
- Enhance product strategies to secure additional business from agents
- Capture and confirm bookings in Tour plan
- Negotiate with suppliers for better rates, cancellation policies, FOC’s, value adds etc. Find new suppliers that offer a good/better service and better rates
- Continuously and proactively monitor client feedback and improve operational processes
- Follow up on own quotes as well as assist in monitoring the team’s quote overview
If this positions suits you, please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Visa RequirementSouth African ID