Our Client, one of the leading companies in the South African beauty industry, currently has a fantastic position open as a Channel Development Manager.
They are searching for a highly talented, ambitious, committed Experienced Sales Manager with a proven track record of strategically
partnering with customers, or distributors, to develop their mutual business for profitable revenue and share growth. Our client is seeking
highly motivated individuals, who know how to unlock and grow distributor capability to deliver a competitive
advantage and that enable our brands to disproportionately win in all channels.
The position will report into Sales Director Africa.
- Deliver annual Financial Targets – Sales, Profit, Market Share, and overhead costs.
- Lead joint business planning with Distributors and with their key customers where appropriate to deliver a competitive
- Define and deliver distributor inventory targets.
- Develop Distributor capability to reach Strategic Partnership.
- Develop and refine a strategy to win at shelf, and instore, through tailoring the Global /Regional Merchandising Strategy to Win
- Tailor the Global initiative toolkit for the local market(s) and channels and deploy to the distributor.
- Clarify Sales Fundamental priorities when NPD is launched, and ensure the distributor executes accordingly
- Lead the Category Golden Stores strategy for the region, including channel priorities, key objectives and measures for
distributors to achieve in their markets.
- Work with Distributor to exceed customer defined service expectations and improve shelf availability.
- Continue SKU Simplification & deliver the annual target
- Design and execute a locally relevant Top Cities plan
- Identify and actively develop game changing business opportunities, including optimising price and promotion strategies
- Integrate the deployment of the new initiatives, category business plans, multi-functional programs into a corporate and standardized Business Plan.
- Profit, Turnover and Cash.
- Share growth
Qualifications – External
- Experienced and ambitious sales manager with a solid track record of delivering profitable share growth and customer
- Proven track record of collaborating and working with and leading a cross-functional team (Account Executives, Shopper
Insights- and Marketing, Finance, Category Management, Planning)
- 4-6 years of account management (direct selling) experience within CPG (highly reputable company with track record of
developing top notch sales leaders is preferred).
- Distributor experience strongly preferred.
- Persuasive communicator (oral and written) with Customer and Company top management.
- Very strong strategic and analytical thinker with proven capabilities of in-depth data analysis (Nielsen/IRI/Retail link)
- Solid forecasting and financial accountability skills (ROI, P&L, Budget Management)
- Very strong planning and business management skills with the ability to develop joint business plans and penetrate the
customer up to the highest ranks
- Successful candidates must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel on the job.
To apply for this amazing position, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to speaking to you then!