Our amazing client is worldwide famous for its twenty-first century art from Africa and its Diaspora. The client is based at the beautiful Waterfront and is looking for You, a Senior Facilities Manager, to join their team.
You are the perfect candidate if You like planning, coordinating and managing off all planned and reactive maintenance, day-to-day services, large scale housekeeping and security operations within the Clients organisation. You will direct, supervise and manage all in-house staff as well as outsourced contractor/s following its own specified maintenance schedules ensuring that works are completed, quality standards adhered to and schedules met to the extent that visitors of the company are minimally inconvenienced. In addition, You will also assist with various administrative and management functions.
Minimum Qualifications: A relevant diploma in the Engineering or Built Environment Field (NQF Level 6) with appropriate experience or Artisan with minimum NTC3 (NQF Level 4/3) and successful completion of an appropriate apprenticeship and passing of a recognised industry trade test
Minimum Experience: A total of 7 years appropriate experience, after graduation, of which at least 5 was at operational level and 3 years was at supervisory or management level or if at NQF Level 4/3, then a total of 10 years appropriate experience, after successful completion of a trade test, of which 7 was at operational level and 3 years was at supervisory level or management level.
- Code EB Driver’s License
- Ability to maintain an acceptable attendance record and punctuality
Skills and/or Competencies:
- Substantial knowledge of maintenance and repair procedures including preventive maintenance, breakdown repair and trouble shooting
- Substantial knowledge of construction, installation and fabrication techniques, including planning and estimating jobs
- Ability to effectively communicate orally, in writing and electronically
- Ability to work effectively in a service-oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities
- Ability to relate to formal and informal organisational and functional structures within the organisation
Key Performance Areas:
Safety, Health and Environment
- Identify, recommend and participate in health and safety training sessions and seminars with the goal of reducing hazardous conditions and unsafe practices wherever possible
- Maintain functional awareness of typical and/or special hazards that may be encountered at the organisation, implementing and following the established procedures for dealing with such potential hazards
- Direct and coordinate the response to emergencies with or without full evacuation
- Maintain and incident log and/or register promptly recording and reporting accidents or incidents where applicable in-house staff and/or contractors and following up where visitors have been involved
Planned and Reactive Maintenance
- Prepare, monitor and follow up that service schedules are adhered to contractors
- Co-ordinate and arrange all access, permits with contractors and in-house staff, liaison and/or health and safety departments
- Maintain an inventory of materials, tools and equipment appropriate to support in-house services and operations
Inspections and Audits
- Inspect all repairs, fixes and maintenance to building fabric and/or infrastructure, recalling and redoing works not completed to established practices and/or standards
- Carry out regular condition audits of building fabric and infrastructure
- Assess, determine and undertake steps to prevent catastrophic failure of building fabric and infrastructure
- Ensure that safe working practices are observed, and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- Review and evaluate all future works recommended by the architect, consultant, all change order requests, and recommend action to be taken to the Director of Operations
Resource Management (Budget, Finance and Procurement)
- Ensure maintenance spend allocated does not exceed available budget
If you are the perfect fit for the present position, please forward your CV and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!