Our client, based in Cape Town, is currently looking for a Financial Accountant.
Key responsibilities will include ensuring the accuracy, validity and completeness of management and financial accounting, analysis, budgeting, reporting and ensuring that all corporate, accounting, fiscal and regulatory requirements and deadlines are met, and all records are maintained. Preparing and maintaining financial and regulatory reports for allocated companies. Ensure continuous Implementation and strict application of a set of operational and accounting standards and controls throughout the company.
- Ensure that all financial reports including but not limited to the monthly accounts and the preparation of audit files are prepared accurately and submitted on time on due dates, procedure manuals are adequately prepared and maintained regularly and are at the required standard;
- Applying principles of accounting to prepare and analyse financial information, prepare financial reports including financial statements, strategic plans, budgets and financial forecasts, and variances from forecasts and the interpretations thereof;
- Implementing infrastructure systems and administration systems compile and analyse financial information. Audit contracts, orders and vouchers and prepare reports to substantiate individual transactions prior to settlement. Install, modify documents and coordinates implementation of accounting systems, sound control procedures; Ensure regular processes are reviewed, documented and implemented.
- Managing specific projects within the department, designing and implementing business strategy and plans, implementation of infrastructure systems and administration systems and financial controls;
- Ensure that all related tax and statutory affairs of the different companies are in order including but not limited to ensuring that VAT, PAYE, UIF, SDL, Income Tax, Dividend Tax, FSB levies are duly submitted and paid for in time and proper cash planning is maintained to meet all our tax commitments;
- Ensure transactional recording on Pastel, process journal entries and compile general ledger, draw up financial statements to consolidated level. Allocate and process Bank statement transactions, and perform reconciliations of bank accounts, inflows, and scrip holdings;
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, time lines, accessibility and consistency objectives are met when closing the books and to comply with accounting policies and procedures. Ensure records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Prepare management reporting daily/weekly/monthly;
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, monthly preparation of accounts for the companies and that regulatory changes are incorporated in such accounts;
- Ensure that financial statements are generated for the companies allocated to you.
- Ensure that reporting and effective communication is done accurately and on time both internally and externally; create, implement and maintain reports and documentation according to the legislation;
- Prepare monthly management accounts, quarterly & annual financial statements for funds,
operating companies or group of companies allocated to you.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, compilation of statistics including
internal and market analysis, preparation of regular management reports, workflow design
- To prepare and present to the Senior Accountant an annual budget and/or financial plan,
business plans, and/or any documentation required
- To ensure that procedure manuals are strictly implemented, and all deadlines are met
through appropriate detailed planning;
- Ensure that each company fiscal records, signed financials, financial plans and policies,
accounting practices, communication and relationships with internal and external
institutions are properly documented and filed.
- Completed articles with a globally reputable Audit Firm.
- Registered CA (SA) having passed the Board Exams at 1st attempt.
- 0 to 5 years of post-qualification experience.
- Good working knowledge on Accounting Package (Pastel, Oracle, Caseware, MDA etc)
- Excellent communication, reporting and interpersonal skills, verbal and written.
- Good teamwork skills, with the ability to develop strong relationships and to work collaboratively within the company.
- Tax, and financial regulatory and reporting requirements (IFRS).
Salary: market related
Job Type: full-time, permanent
Starting Date: asap
If you are the perfect fit for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Related Jobs (1)
Junior Chartered Accountant – City Centre, Cape Town on March 4, 2019 Permanent