Our Client, based in the City Centre in Cape Town, is looking for Junior Chartered Accountant to join their team in the financial department.
In this role, you would take responsibility for all financial related duties. You will implement and oversee the full finances process from beginning to end, while working collaboratively with the rest of the business.
Salary: Market Related
Starting Date: asap
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Typical duties include reviewing financial reports, monitoring accounts, and preparing activity reports and financial forecasts. You will also investigate ways to improve profitability, and analyze markets for business opportunities, such as expansion, mergers or acquisitions.
- Reconcile Financial Accounts
- Partner Management
- Cashflow Management
- Review and approve refunds
- Liaise with senior management regarding reporting requirements for audits
- Assist with resolving any accounting discrepancies or queries
- Monthly of Trial Balances to ensure accuracy and completeness of processing.
- Management and submission of Vat across the group
- Taxation and provisional tax submission
- PAYE, EMP501 and IRP5 submissions and management and other statutory submissions
- Day to Day training of staff and management of the finance department
- Monthly of Trial Balances to ensure accuracy and completeness of processing
- Audit preparation and management and liaising with the auditors
Qualifications and skills:
- Accounting Degree or equivalent
- Completed articles within 1 of the Big 4
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the management of financial systems and budgets, financial reporting, financial data analysis, auditing, taxation and providing financial advice
- Knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles
- Ability to analyze and interpret information accurately
- Ability to work under pressure
- Knowledge and experience of related computer applications
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Problem solving and judgement
- Stress tolerance
- Analytical ability
- Deadline driven
- Strategic planning and budgeting skills
- Ability to work independently
If you are the perfect fit for this position, please forward your CV and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking forward to meeting you!