Our client, based in Cape Town, is an early stage investment fund run by entrepreneurs to fund start-ups. Currently, they have a fantastic position available for an in-house Legal Compliance/ Legal Advisor to join their growing team. This position reports directly to the CEO and be an integral part of a dynamic team within a global insurtech business.
Our client has developed a full stack digital insurance platform. They’re changing the way that insurance is distributed and administered both in South Africa and internationally.
Our client’s highly innovative technology platform integrates into point of sale systems of retailers or into a range of other businesses so that customers can be offered insurance at a point of need. Our client’s model promotes access to financial services for many customers as well as introduces new revenue streams for our partners. All the while, users are offered a superior and highly convenient customer experience.
- You must be an admitted attorney with at least 1 – 3 years post-qualification experience at a law firm or in-house
- You must have a law degree from a reputable law school or university
- You must be a person with a can-do attitude. You will need to be able to take ownership and work with absolute autonomy.
- You must have an interest and necessary agility to work in a start-up environment
- You must have excellent communication skills, analytical rigour, and the ability to grasp, distil and apply legal issues
- You must demonstrate sound business judgement and be able to produce concise and practical legal advice to the business across a range of matters
- You must be able to work with different teams and juggle different roles within the business
- You must be up for the task of navigating a complex (and sometimes grey) regulatory landscape
- Experience in insurance law or financial service industry would be advantageous but is not required.
Description of the role
- Manage all internal compliance policies and procedures
- Work with external compliance officer for purposes of quarterly compliance reports
- Assist with corporate and company secretarial issues
- Manage external counsel and other third party relationships
- Keep abreast of policy and regulatory developments and inform the business of updates and changes
- Play a key role in every stage of developing insurance products, taking those products to market and the customer experience relating those products
- Negotiate distribution agreements with B2B partners for the distribution of products
- Negotiate software agreements with partners for the company
- Provide timely and accurate advice to the board and management on other matters that arise
- R5 and R1 registered
Suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or simply reply to this ad with a copy of your updated CV.
We look forward to speaking to you then!