Our client, based in Cape Town, is currently looking for an Investment Analyst.
- Take complete ownership and responsibility for the companies and sector that you are responsible for.
- Ensure that investment decisions recommended by you that are approved, you follow through completely and ensure execution across our model and clients’ portfolios.
- Ensure that the companies you are responsible for that their analysis are regularly updated and maintained.
- Generate new ideas and make recommendations.
- Undertake detailed analysis and accounting and business valuations of listed and unlisted securities with a view to making a long term investment decision which is ratified by the Investment Committee.
- Interact with Senior Business Leaders and Company Management in conjunction with the Senior Equity Analyst.
- Conduct investment research and analysis.
- Perform detailed fundamental equity analysis, valuation and ratio analysis using stochastic and financial modelling.
- Prepare investment reports on companies which address all the pertinent issues relating to the company in order to arrive at an appropriate decision.
- Ensure that you use resources available (such us Bloomberg and Inet) to assist your decisions making process
Daily Morning Meeting:
- Ensure you attend the Daily Morning Meeting, chaired by the CIO or a senior member of the investment team and provided a report back on any events from the previous day including but not limited to Management Meetings with companies, Results Presentations of companies, Information obtained from the media (newspapers/Bloomberg etc), Economic data released, Market update.
- Provide input into the strategic investment committee meetings which take place on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that you make detailed recommendations on each resolution and/or corporate action proposed.
- Prepare a formalized report and ensure that the proposed proxy votes are implemented in accordance with the Proxy Voting and Corporate Actions policy.
- Evaluated the necessary documents in order to make a considered decision (eg. Read the Memorandum of Incorporation where the matter relates to a change in governance structures. etc.)
- Ensure that all systems remain up to date, and models are updated on the system and it is the analysts responsibility to report to the CIO after conducting periodic reviews that all information is up to date.
- Ensure that you use the systems available optimally and enhance the usage of the system such us Decalog, Xamin, Inet Bloomberg Thompson Reuters to assist in your decision making process
Planning and scheduling:
- Ensure that the investment calendar for the year ahead for all companies covered within the applicable sector is comprehensively maintained, including but not limited to Quarterly, Bi-Annual, Annual global & local company reporting dates, AGM dates, Management Meeting dates, Global Economic Data releases, Local Economic Data releases, Investment and Quarterly Strategic Committee Meetings.
- Management reporting and/or reporting to the CIO must include an executive summary with an analysis supporting the executive summary based on the company internal requirements. Where an issue is highlighted then the report must contain suggestions for resolution of the issue.
- Ensure that you timeously prepare and submit your investment reports to the Investment Committee with your recommendations. The report must include the investment report and presentation, quantitative report, technical reports.
- Ensure that your presentation is well prepared and delivered to the Investment Committee.
- Ensure detail working is prepared to support your investment report and covers analysis on peer group companies, industry factors, macro and micro economics variable and impacts, geopolitical factors are considered, analysis and quantify the risks.
- CA (SA or Masters in Investment Finance or an Engineering degree with a CFA/ MBA) qualification
- A CFA qualification (advantageous)
- Good report writing skills
- Strong analytical ability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Salary: market related
Job Type: full-time, permanent
Starting Date: asap
If you are the perfect fit for this position, please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!