Our amazing Client, a leading international beauty company with head-quarters in New York, currently has an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated National Learning and Development Manager to join their successful, fast-growing, Luxury/ Beauty division in Cape Town. Successful with operations in well-over 150 countries now seeks to appoint an accomplished Learning and Development Manager who will play a crucial role in taking this Client’s world-renowned brands to even greater heights. This position would be perfect for you if you have minimum 5 years’ progressive training/education experience coupled with your strong business acumen to grow the Client’s needs.
- Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressive training/education experience preferably in the retail industry
- Exceptionally strong verbal and written communication skills
- Information research, analysis, monitoring and evaluation skills. Development of material and the facilitation of training
- Good planning and organizational skills effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous, and complex tasks and projects. Ability to plan and manage time
- Solid HR and OD background, managing training programs from scratch
- Ability to work with a wide range of audiences in diverse environments
- Willing to Spend at least 1 weeks per month travelling and executing training programs
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Exceptional strategic thinker with strong analytical skills; ability to address cross-functional and cross-organizational issues independently
- Ability to maintain a high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial work ethic that is required to drive business outcomes
- Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and deadline-oriented environment
- Positive “can do” attitude, passionate and able to show commitment and to inspire others
- Team player and builder – leads by example
- Identify training and development needs through job analysis, performance appraisal and feedback with the aim of developing and retaining talent with a specific focus on the Client’s sales team
- Develop annual training calendar based on training needs analysis and input from business leaders
- Design, develop and facilitate training programs based on training need analysis in line with sales and brand guidelines for the Client and South African markets
- Learning and Development program development would include but is not limited to Selling Skills, Product Training, Induction and Onboarding, Mentorship and Coaching Skills for Beauty Consultants, Area Managers and Head Office Staff
- Thoroughly curate, adapt and customize all presentation and education materials for the different regional audiences (Beauty Consultants, Area Managers and Head Office Staff when necessary), developing local content when necessary
- Schedule and Facilitate local training programs to support brand sales strategy and objectives; communicates and follows-up with Marketing & Sales Managers to maximize all training programs; presents training strategy to regional management
- Scheduled and Facilitate “train the trainer” training programs to ensure the development of training capability within remote regions, upskilling regional and area managers, as well as distributors
- Monitor and Evaluate training results and strategies and providing feedback and recommendations to the Line Manager to ensure there is a measurable positive impact from all training interventions
Note: BEE related role.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, kindly respond to this ad with a copy of your updated CV.
We look forward to speaking to you then.
Job Type: Full-time