Our client, based in Cape Town, is currently looking for a Senior Financial Accountant.
- Ensures compliance with applicable accounting and corporate policies and ensure that entries are recorded in compliance with the policies and accounting standards.
- Implement and ensure adherence to internal control processes.
- Monitors the month-end close and the preparation of month-end management accounts
- Ensure that financial statements are generated for the holding companies, operating companies and all affiliates.
- Interact with external auditors at the time of audit.
- Ensure that all tax submissions are done on time and accurately.
- Ensure controls over Fixed Assets records and reporting.
- Ensure completeness, accuracy, time lines, accessibility and consistency objectives are met and that the books comply with accounting policies and procedures.
- Identify and recommend necessary changes in financial policies and procedures to optimize effective and efficient reporting
- Submission of accurate and complete Budgets and Forecasts on a monthly basis by the last day of the month
- Submission of Detailed Cost Analysis Reports with cost analysis projections on a quarterly basis
- Preparation of Cost Control Reports and Variance Analysis
- Ensure that Weekly Reports are prepared and submitted on time, are accurate and of the required quality
- Ensure that Monthly, Quarterly, Semiannual and yearly compilation of the financial statements are completed on time
- Ensure that financial information received from various departments is reviewed and checked before submission to the CFO.
- Ensure that Cash Budgets and Forecast cash flow positions are prepared on time.
- Conduct a variance analysis on a weekly basis and provide management with a detailed analysis of changes and the reasons
- Maintain banking relationships and negotiate terms with banks under the strict supervision of the executive directors.
- Ensure that sufficient reserves are maintained for short- and long-term liabilities including reserves for capital adequacy purposes
- Prepare analysis of short- and long-term liquidity requirements of the group and ensure future cash flow requirements are based on accurate projections. An Accounting Professional is expected to interrogate the source data and cannot utilise information received from internal sources / departments without verification.
- Ensure that the company complies with the JSE listing requirements.
- To maintain relationships with the CSDP, monitor the shareholder register and submit the reports to the executives.
- Ensuring that all the lease data are loaded correctly on MDA so that the revenues and the recoveries are properly accounted for.
- Must have a thorough understanding of the MDA system and its management reports and is required to suggest enhancements to the reports to optimize management reporting.
- Must have a full understanding of the interim and year end procedures and the productions of the interim and annual financial reports.
- Maintenance of the budget and forecast for both revenue expenditures and capital budget.
- Prepare reports based on multi currency scenarios and recommend the management of currency risk through different exposures.
- BCom (Accounting)
- Master’s in Business Administration, Taxation or Accounting (highly advantageous)
- Completed articles with a globally reputable Audit Firm
- Registered CA (SA) having passed the Board Exams at 1st attempt
- Good working knowledge on Accounting Package (Pastel, Oracle, Caseware, MDA etc); 5 to 10 years of experience
- In-depth knowledge of corporate and tax laws and regulatory requirements in order to ensure that the returns, account etc. are filed on a timely basis.
- Existing experience of the capital adequacy requirements of financial services companies, International tax, and financial regulatory and reporting requirements (IFRS/GAAP).
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to create a network of contacts across various disciplines
- Strong numerical ability
Salary: Market related
Job Type: Full-time, permanent
Starting Date: asap
If you are the perfect fit for this position, please forward your CV to margaretebiertz(at)blackpenrecruitment(dot)com
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
Related Jobs (1)
Junior Chartered Accountant – City Centre, Cape Town on March 4, 2019 Permanent