Job Purpose: To successfully quote profitable tour products for existing as well as new clients; Groups, Corporate, and FIT.
1 – 2 Years Reservations consultant experience in the travel and tourism sector
Salary: 15K – 18K per month + M/Aid
- Secure business and effectively cost products.
- Understand the market and margin control.
- Build up and maintain agent/supplier relationships.
- Source new products.
- Develop own sales strategy to secure more business through existing and new agents.
- Work closely with the team to achieve goals.
- Quote and design successful, creative itineraries and proposals for all market related ADHOC groups, Tour Series and FIT requests.
- Capture and confirm bookings in our in-house booking system.
- Negotiate with suppliers for better rates, cancellation policies and FOC’s.
- Find new suppliers that offer a good service and better rates.
- Follow up on quotes that have been sent out.
- Successfully run groups/tour series / FIT booking.
- Compile welcome packs itineraries.
- Create co-pilots according to an itinerary.
- Handling the 24hour emergency phone.
- Prepare guide documentation and brief guide before travel date.
- Work closely with tour guides whilst on tour.
- Instruct debtors to raise an invoice.
- Reconcile supplier invoices for processing.
- Assist debtors clerk with invoicing / collection queries.
- Reconcile tour guide expense sheets on completion of tours/check guide salary invoices.
- Participate in supplier training and workshops.
- Reduce the transaction turnaround time.
- Demonstrate good communication skills and customer care.
- Stay current on events and changes of suppliers/product.
- Travel on “educationals” and familiarization trips.
Sundry Areas: It is expected of all employees to perform not only tasks mentioned in the job description, but also directly allocated or extraordinary tasks that could arise
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-starters, who are sales driven and require minimal supervision.
- Experience with Groups & FIT (Fully Independent Travelers).
- Service orientated, destination specialists.
Job type: Full-time, permanent
Please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to speaking to you then!
Related Jobs (2)
German speaking Intermediate FIT Consultant – Namibia on April 12, 2019 Permanent