The European News are filled with bad news about Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria or in generally South Africa these days.
We don’t want to play it down and it is certainly not everything fine in South Africa but where can you find it?
South Africa is not only the habitat of the Big Five, the Table Mountain, Nelson Mandela or the Garden Route. It is a wonderful country which is in a state of change. If you stick to certain rules you can be very happy here. Especially the Mother City, Cape Town is worth it to move your place of life there.
Below are some good reasons why you should call South Africa in the future your new home.
- South Africa is known as the ‘Rainbow Nation’, meaning a nation that joins a great variety of cultures and languages, all living together as ‘One Nation’.
- South Africa’s drinking water is rated 3rd best in the world for being “safe and ready to drink”.
- The first successful heart transplant was carried out in a Cape Town hospital
- South Africa, in 2006, was the first African country and the fifth country in the world to recognize same sex marriage.
- South Africa is the only country in the entire world that has voluntarily abandoned its nuclear weapons programme.
- Cape Town with the Silicon Cape and Johannesburg are rapidly growing innovation hub´s for Africa and the world for tech-enabled startups
- In Johannesburg is the largest stock exchange in Africa
- The oldest remains of modern humans were found in South Africa and are well over 160,000 years old.
- South Africa is the world’s 9th largest wine producer. The famous Route 62 is said to be the world’s longest wine route, with seemingly countless wine farms, vineyards and even brandy cellars.
- South Africa is extremely rich in mining and minerals and considered the world’s leader with nearly 90% of all the platinum metals on earth and around 41% of all the world’s Gold!
- South Africa is also one of the world’s best destinations for whale watching.
- There are 11 official languages, each with equal status, in South Africa